Water Fountain Guide
What Factors Affect the Sound Level of a Water Fountain?
You can easily adjust your water fountain's sound level. Lowering the sound level is a cinch, but drastically increasing the volume usually isn't possible.
- Distance of drop - The lower the water level, the louder the sound. For a quieter volume, keep your fountain filled with water.
- Water Volume - The higher the volume of water flowing into the fountain's reservoir, the louder the sound of water. If you prefer a quieter sound, lower the volume of water.
- Surface Area - The greater the area of water flowing across the fountain and into the fountain's reservoir, the louder the sound of water.
- Reservoir Material - If the fountain's reservoir is made of a lightweight, thin material (like copper or stainless steel), the sound is more likely to vibrate and produce a slightly louder resonance. A denser reservoir could produce a more muted sound.
What's a Recirculating Fountain?
A recirculating water fountain continuously recycles water until it eventually evaporates into the air.
- Location - Recirculating fountains can be placed indoors or outdoors. Be sure your new fountain is designed for the location you plan to place it.
- Pump - The fountain pump is the heart of your fountain and powers the water flow to the top of the fountain.
- Water Evaporation - The rate of water evaporation depends on the climate you are in. The hotter the climate, the higher the rate of evaporation.
- Water Refill - Most small fountains are refilled manually as needed. Larger commercial fountains will often have an auto refill system.
- Water Splash - Indoor fountains as designed to provide very little splash outside the fountain. Outdoor fountains will often splash much more but will also provide a louder sound.
Benefits of Water Fountains
Incorporate natural elements into a space by using water features to blend modern design with spirituality and tranquility.
The negative ions produced by water fountains may help you maintain a strong immune system, and they positively impact your energy level.
Eliminate the unpleasant background noise coming from nearby traffic and other minor annoyances.
Relax as you listen to the white noise produced by running water. The gentle, varying frequencies will calm your clients, patients, or family.
Fountains are regarded as one of the best ways to bring the energy of water indoors. Fountains have a positive effect on your overall mood.
Fountains can increase humidity. We are constantly losing humidity due to extreme temperatures.
Common Types of Water Fountains
There are fountains for every location in your home or office.
- Branding - You can easily increase brand exposure by adding your company's logo to a fountain.
- Saving Space - Placing the fountain on the wall frees up valuable office/home space.
- Painting Alternative - Wall fountains are an elegant alternative to standard wall decor..
- Beauty & Appeal - Makes a striking statement in your home/office.
- Out of Reach - Wall fountains are harder for children and pets to access.
Floor Fountains and Water Walls
- Simple Installation -Floor fountains are generally easy to install.
- Easily Moved -Floor fountains aren't mounted to a wall and can be moved easily.
- Fills Vertical Space -Water walls extend from the floor to the ceiling and help fill space.
- Visual Impact -A water wall captivates your customer and provides a calming effect.
- Company Logo - Add your logo to personalize your fountain and increases brand recognition.
- Pet Accessible - Pets love being able to drink out of the fountain!
Outdoor / Garden Fountains
- Large Focal Point - Outdoor/Garden Fountains create a "wow" factor that draws positive attention to your home or office.
- Easy Installation - Most garden fountains only require a level surface, which makes installation a breeze.
- Noise Mitigation - By purchasing a larger fountain, you'll be able to block unpleasant noise and replace it with the soothing sound of water.
- Doubles as Birdbath - Enjoy watching birds play in your outdoor fountain.
- Coin Collector - People giving you money is always a great thing.
Lake and Pond Fountains
- Improves Water Quality -Pond/lake fountains increase water circulation and improve the quality of the water, fish, and plants.
- Controls Bugs and Mosquitos -Lake fountains create agitated water, which prevents ripe conditions for mosquitoes to develop their eggs.
- Inhibits Algae Growth -Through circulation and better oxygenation, algae growth is limited.
- Aesthetic Appeal -Pond/lake fountains can create a stunning visual effect.
- Affordable - Enjoy the benefits of a water fountain even if you are on a tight budget.
- Great for Small Spaces - Tabletop fountains take up very little space and add an element of sophistication to your home or office.
- Quick and Easy Set up - Tabletop fountains can be set up in a matter of minutes.
- Great Gift - Tabletop fountains make great gifts for customers, family, and friends.
- Perfect for Pets - Fountains are safe for pets and we haven't met a pet yet that doesn't love to drink from the running water.