The Robust-Aire RA4 Aquatic Aeration System is THE superior product available today. The Robust-Aire diffused air system provides deep water aeration for ponds and lakes. Diffused aeration is an effective method of aeration for ponds with depths greater than 8 feet. By using compressed air injected directly into the bottom of pond, a continuous flow of water is moved upward and thousands of gallons of water are mixed with little expended energy. A Robust-Aire energy efficient compressor injects air to the bottom of your pond with weighted, SureSink air line and into the Robust-Aire diffuser assembly. The diffuser breaks up the air into micro bubbles which rise to the surface. The rising of the air bubbles creates current which transfers low-oxygen water to the surface, allows it to contact the atmosphere, and breathe. Temperature layers are disrupted and fish are able to inhabit the entire water column. Oxygen levels increase and harmful gases in the pond water are expelled. There is no disruption of the serenity of your pond setting, just the assurance that it is getting the oxygen that it needs.
Aeration dramatically improves environmental conditions in your pond and helps keep good water quality predictable. Beneficial bacteria reduce sludge and nutrients, and there are reduced incidences of undesirable algae and odors. Winter ice is not allowed to seal the pond surface and restrict oxygen and gas transfer. Aeration allows your fish to thrive in an optimal environment and fish populations experience improved growth rates and vigor.
The system comes with a large ground cabinet (holds up to 2 compressors feeding up to 6 diffusers, including one 110CFM cooling fan per compressor). The compressor and associated cooling fan are available in 120 or 240 volts.
Selecting the right system for your pond or lake is easy in most instances our sizing chart. Click the 'Sizing Chart' link in Downloads to view the basic sizing chart. If your situation is unique we can provide a design for almost any lake. Tubing longer than 300' and tubing for the system installed away from the water's edge is available. Please, call for more information.
NOTE: Product with Large Ground Cabinet option will be shipped on a pallet. 3/8" tubing has a maximum run of 300' per diffuser.
- Cost-effective to purchase and operate for larger surface areas
- Lakes/ponds deeper than 8-10'
- Minimal evaporation of surface spray from floating units is not allowed
- 10 to 44% more water flow with the same volume of air comparing to other brands
- Unique design and configuration allows for high flow with small bubbles and less friction loss
- Base made of stainless steel
- Strain relief for tubing
- Check valve
- Oil-less piston compressor with quiet operation and minimal maintenance
- Robust-Aire compressor can inject air 40 feet deep
- No electrical power is allowed in the water - especially important where swimming is allowed
- No electricity needed at the edge of the pond or lake - Robust-Aire can be remotely installed away from the water’s edge, air can be delivered to the water’s edge instead of electricity (call for more details)
- No floating equipment at the surface - boating is not hindered and the natural view of the lake can be enjoyed
- The system can be install in the pond that already has a fountain in it
- Low maintenance - most maintenance and inspection may be conducted onshore, rocking piston compressors do not require internal maintenance as often as other compressors
- Diffuser comes completely assembled
- Warranty: Diffuser - Lifetime, Cabinet - Lifetime, Compressor - 3 years motor, 2 Years on Piston cups and gaskets, Weighted Tubing - 15 years
- 4 Robust Aire diffuser assembly with self weighted Stainless Steel base
- Two 1/4 HP Teich-Aire Compressor
- All fittings and clamps necessary to assemble your system
- Base Mount cabinet
- Pond Size: 5 acres (based on 8' depth and min. turnover rate of 1 turn of complete volume per 48 hours. See sizing chart below)
- Min. Depth: 8'
- Max. Depth: 40'
- Power: 120V or 240V
- Power Cord: 6'
- Running Amps: 5 for 115V; 2.5 for 240V
- Ground Mounted Cabinet: 20.1"H x 17" x 23.7"; 120V receptacle or a 240V junction box; 110 CFM cooling fan; keyed, lockable cabinet
- Shipping: Freight
- Ships by:
- FedEx signature required
- Assembly required: